Be A Prom Date
One of the largest impacts you can have on a person's life is to be their prom date for the evening. The most important volunteer role of the evening! Nothing is more important to the success of the Night to Shine than our Prom Dates! Every king and queen needs someone to escort them down the red carpet and show them a good time. Get that suit or dress out of storage, get your dancing shoes shined up, and register today to help show God's love to someone. Your role will be to accompany and assist a guest throughout the evening, providing companionship and any assistance needed, but mostly to assist in having fun!
Prom Date Job Description
- Flexible with activities and changing spontaneously
- Patience with guests with a variety of needs
- Comfortable with individuals with communication limitations
- Comfortable with those with physical needs (e.g., wheel chairs, limited mobility)
- Excited, fun, and engaging individuals
- Physically able to be on your feet and move around for three hours
- Proactive communicating with families and caregivers during the event
Minimum age to be a Prom Date is 16 years old. Dates 16 & 17 years old must have a parent/guardian complete & submit a permission form.
Prom Dates 18 years and older are required to submit to a background check to be eligible to volunteer.
A Media Release Form will be requested for all Prom Dates. Download the Media Release Form here and bring your completed form to the event.
NO children of Prom Date volunteers are permitted at the event. No childcare is provided.
Prom Date Meeting: Jan 29, 2019 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Garfield Memorial Church, Family Life Center
3650 Lander Road, Pepper Pike, Ohio 44124